Increase Tapering off Opioid Pain Medication
One key to reducing prescriptions of opioids is to have a clear focus on helping people who are taking prescription opioids to taper off through a multi-faceted and personalized approach. This involves several key practices:
- Addressing pain issues in alternate ways
- Addressing mental health issues
- Addressing life issues that may contribute to misuse
- Testing for use (to detect diversion) and misuse
- Checking of the PDMP and updating information
- Targeted education and use contracts
- Reducing amount of opioids being prescribed
- andother things.
The work in Morrison County, MN is a good example of this. 
These videos tell the story:
CHA Achievement Award videos:
This presentation has more details: (Start at slide 41 in this presentation.)
Add outcome details from slide 57 and following.
The GuideMed program can make it easy and cash flow-positive to adopt many of the practices done in Morrison County (but not all of them).
This video shows how GuideMed works.
Tools & Resources
Resources to Investigate
More RTI on Increase Tapering off Opioid Pain Medication
PAGE MANAGER: [insert name here]
SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT: [fill out table below]