PA - Expand and Enhance Prescription Drug Monitoring Program
- Get to know your states PDMP.
- If your state does not have a PDMP begin to talk with the policy makers about how to get one implemented.
- Start conversations with the local hospitals, pharmacists and other stakeholders about the challenges of implementing this program.
- Learn stats from your local PDMP
- Hold discussions/focus groups on how to make inputting data consistent across the state.
- Hold discussions/focus groups about the challenges to in these programs and solutions.
- Look for grants and other creative funding opportunities.
- Research opportunities to share information across state lines.
- Educate providers about the importance of using a PDMP system.
- Establish protocols that make it easier to input data into the system.
- Delegate system users other than physicians.